Friday, April 18, 2014

Salutations

In the shambles of twilight late upon the hour,
we travel in the darkness, in solitude,
to ascend up among the stars,
that lower themselves not for anyone,
and awaits patiently for those willing to climb.

Sometimes I don't understand what I am reading/seeing/listening, and yet it can evoke an emotional response that I have no control over. Then I wonder, which part of me, if not my conscious and functioning mind that understands what is happening, that I can have a response over something that I clearly do not comprehend logically. Some people live their lives fundamentally built upon the scaffolds that are facts, conjecture and logic. I admit, to a large extent, I am one of these people. Yet, as I go through life and learn from the snippets of conversations I listen to, the enlightening texts that I stumble upon and the humbling scenes that I witness, my understanding of the world is being challenged. No, not challenged, augmented. Now comes an added dimension that I have not seen before, a level of reality and understanding slightly beyond my complete grasp and yet it is evidently there. And the strangest part of them all is that the more I acknowledge it, consider it in my everyday thought, decision and action, my hold on logic seems to be loosening and there comes a... feeling of ease and letting go, relenting to the force that be, the force that determines the rising and setting of the sun, the orbit of the Earth, the duration and amount of rain that pours, the beating of my very own heart and every other thing in this whole universe that despite the lack of human intervention, control and understanding, goes by so perfectly without a flaw or incident. In this realization do I understand my place and my power (or lack thereof) and with it, comes a calmness that sets deep into my soul that in everything I do, there is something that controls the outcome, and that if it can control and manage the intricate dance of astronomical bodies in the Universe, then the being of one individual is of no burden and no hassle in managing. There is no need for worry, unnecessary and burdensome worry, I bid you goodbye.

No comments: