Monday, April 14, 2014

Lub Dub

I stand upon carpeted ground, upright, still, solid and soft.
Yet when I look down, it is not upon them do my eyes lay on.
They look down to mimic the heart who can only gaze down.

____________________________


There is a piece of flesh in the body, if it becomes good, the whole body becomes good, but if it becomes spoilt, the whole body gets spoilt, and that is the Qalb (Heart).

Oh elusive Heart, you are like a ruler that rules from behind the shadows, I see not your countenance nor know not your nature. You pull at my limbs like string to a puppet and your desires resonate with command.

I seek You, and yet You remain elusive. Like the first rays of dawn, I can only wait for You and any pursuit will be to no avail yet surely I know You will make known yourself to me, in time when I am ready to do so.

____________________________




No comments: