Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Leafy conversations

Sometimes, I look at nature and I envy Her.

They live their lives with the knowledge of their purpose, dutifully doing what they have been set out to do in this world. They do what they must, no qualms or objections, they simply do. Then I look at myself and wonder, have I found what my purpose is, and if so, have I done it? Many a time I have come to the conclusion that I have not, and I question myself, searching for a reason for my unavailing efforts or lack thereof.

Purpose gives an existence meaning.

My thoughts are addled with a sleepiness and fatigue and yet there is still much to be done, so much.

Everyday is a crusade against my self.

In each passing moment, a trial for my body, mind and soul, and verily the results have been varied.

We are swept away by the incessant pounding waves,
drifting us further and further, losing sight of the shore.
Invisible forces tug at our legs and tie them down,
inescapable without forced, unfelt and unseen.
We think ourselves motionless, and yet we drift further away,
question your knowledge! What do you really know?
Wake up from this sleepless dream and cast away the veil,
break free of the ties that bind, ties that keep you, break free!
Take hold of your self, no more shall you be swept away, far away.
Swim against the tides and swim away from those keeping you.
Swim alone, struggle and only then will you find shore.

No comments: