Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blind

we are strangers in a strange world, sometimes we feel like we are the only one that is strange in a world full of people who think themselves not strange. Other times we meet strangers who are like us, and we are comforted by the meeting of other people who are just as strange as us. But, those are rare moments and they are far in between. Everybody is strange in their own way, its just a matter of time before we meet another who is strange in our way too. We differ in our thoughts, our opinions, our personalities, our way of life, our beliefs, our principles, our morals, and so many little things that make us who we are, and differences are highlighted in this world where anything that is not accepted or is not seen by many is regarded as more than strange, unacceptable even. people are strange and often see in others what they either want, or dont want, yet rarely do they see in themselves for who they truly are. sometimes, a mirror must be placed in front of their eyes before they see but even then, some people do not. blinded by judgements and stereotypes, we have become a people with narrow minds, despite our expansive vision. i am a weird person and i often wonder about others about myself about the world and about people i habe never seen. strange because i find my makings quite different from others, It is no fault of others that they find me strange, even i find myself strange at times. and sometimes i find myself behaving in a certain way that even i would frown upon, and thus the disappointment when we lose track of our selves and instead become something else,. what do we become? I dont know, but I know for sure it is not who i usually am. I have been warned before, about the dangers of losing my self, and how it can lead to other things which are frowned upon. But the strangest part is when I realize I have yet to know myself fully yet, how then can i even begin to lose myself? this, this is a revelation. is who we are something we already know innately? Sometimes i wonder too much. in the midst of our very busy lives, sometimes we dont even wonder about these things, our attention too caught up in whatever that we do in our lives, no space given for thought and reflection. Life.

No comments: