Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Knowing

It really is an existential question, to really assimilate the essence and meaning of the Testimony.

I testify that there is no god but Allah,
and that Muhammad is His Messenger.

HOW? 

How can I even begin to capture the meaning of this Testimony that I make every single day, every single hour, every single moment that I prostrate myself to Him, when I have no knowledge of Him, no semblance of intimacy to One I am supposed to testify with

Knowledge
Certainty
Sincerity
Truthfulness
Contentment
Submission [to duties]
and Acceptance

that there is none other than Him.

The importance of knowledge and knowing cannot be further reiterated.

Alas, Knowledge comes as He wills, not at the mere demands of a servant to his Master, 
and with great patience, care and perseverance, it will come, for He is Most Fair.

He who knows himself, knows his Lord.

No comments: