Monday, February 25, 2013

I want to heal,
I want to feel,
Like I'm close to something Real.

I want to find something I've wanted all along;
Somewhere I Belong.

_______________________________________________________


Holding onto your words may seem like an easy to accomplish, but how mistaken are we.
Sometimes, in this day and age, our perception of promise has been so diluted from casual jokes and loose agreements that we forget that for EACH word spoken, it is but a promise made by our own self.

What I speak of is Amanah.

Amanah is loosely translated from Arabic to English as 'trust'. Amanah is not a value inculcated in an individual, it is a way of life that encompasses all that we do. Amanah is the promise in our words and actions, it is the 'yes I will' we say when asked to do something, it is the silent purpose that drives us to do something just because we have agreed to, it is the heavy responsibility of upholding the agreement, the belief and the truth.

Today, I bear witness to a superb example of keeping one's Amanah from one superb example of Humanity. It pains me yet it grants me humility and realization, to see such a flawless example, only to be acutely aware of my very own flaws. It grants me a closer connection to The Ideal and inspires me to aspire to be as such.

Bitter medicine is good medicine.

No comments: