Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I am sleepy and the sound of me typing seems a wee bit too loud.

I am hungry and food would require effort to be prepared.

I am tired and my body is wishing for a good long rest.

I am alone and my thoughts are whirling about in my head.

I am contented and Life has been kind in its recent unwinding.

I am conscious and memories play back like an old movie.

I am aware and my mistakes are but lessons in disguise.

I am open and advice is taken freely without any ill-feeling.

I am awake and suddenly it comes to me.

_____________________________________

Sometimes, all it takes its a simple reminder;
a handful of words carelessly or carefully picked, perfect in combination and endless in its portents.

Needless to say, I make plenty of mistakes;
some I am not proud of, understandably, but worst even, those of which I am unaware of.

Thankfully, I have been blessed with openness;
openness to accept words kind and unkind, occurrences fortunate and unfortunate.

_____________________________________

I am happy and thankful to be reminded, but once the dust settles down, I am suddenly all to conscious of my previous actions, suddenly I am brought back to a day or two, a week, sometimes a month, and I am recollecting as to where I have gone wrong, where and how did the fault come about. Have I been doing something wrong all this while? Curiously, the flow of thoughts seem to take a nanosecond and yet, it goes so far. I am fearful and seek repentance, I become painfully aware of my mistakes and it strikes a revealing strike and leaves me vulnerable. I scramble towards a buoy to save myself and I take a moment to recollect myself. Silence comes as a shade and I ponder in silent recollection and reflection. I realize the what, how and why and I sigh, of relief and of solemn acceptance of fault. Who is to be blamed but myself. Deep breaths accompany regret and slowly, peace returns to my heart. I am aware and enlightened, I see within myself a change stemming from realization, acceptance and determination. Instead of looking back, I look forward, to the days, weeks and months hopefully ahead, and I smile. Light has shone upon the shadowed pathway once more and I am relieved. Mistakes occur, undeniably, and I look at them with a bitter-sweet emotion, relived that I am aware of them, yet saddened that I have to make one to realize something within.

_____________________________________

All it takes is a simple reminder.

(as I typed this, my mind has entered a semi-dream state and my senses are heightened to an unusually abnormal level, it scares me, everything seems too loud, too far, too bright and right as this very moment, I am fending off the fear to just shut down my computer. the noise, it drowns the deafening silence that wraps around me , every action I make seem like an effort. this semi-dream state is frightening, my nightmare come to life, a form of heightened reality that I have to sometimes live with. 
Oh Life.)

No comments: