Thursday, July 30, 2009

It happened during the darkest time of night,
when everyone's asleep and the stars shine bright.
I was awake, with turmoil in my head,
as I writhe, twist and turn on my bed.
Nightmares or distortions of reality, it didn't matter.
It had a stranglehold on my fading sanity.
Wrapped in my blanket, I fought against the persuasions of the voice.
The voice that spoke of evil, disloyalty and cruelty.
When my will hung by a single thread,
I remembered once more the knowledge I have,
and fought it with a renewed spirit.
A renewed spirit in a broken shell.
Alas, peace came to me and I slumbered.
Travelling across lands till I met three.
Three who unveiled the trickery of it all,
and plucked out the trickster from beneath his disguise.

... . . .. . .. .. . .. ... . .. . . . .. . ... . . .. . ... .. . . . .

I have very many strange dreams.
There never seemed to be a single and one dream, but are usually many swirled together, like colours on a pallete. Disconnected from far, but are actually one integrated piece when closely observed. Most of the time, they don't even represent reality in any way, not a place I've been to before. Abstract places from God knows where. A projection of my inner psyche. They say our dreams are mediums for our brain to connect the missing dots, or our final lingering thoughts before we sleep. If thats true, I wonder whats going on in my head in the past few days, strange.

No comments: