Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Its seems that my blog had stalled, well, its just a temporary thing.
Well, don't worry! Now I'm back from Indonesia! Was there last weekend and I have to say that taking some time off to a place where chaos is absent is, refreshing.


The People (From the Left) : My Maid's sister, Kak Abbot's husband, Kak Abbot, Bik Ros, My Mom, My Maid, Bik Nur, My sister, A Friend, Me and My Brother! The only people missing here are the children, who are Mona, Barat, Noi, Indah and Dewi. Hahaha

We took a one hour ferry ride to Sekupang, then headed off to Belakang Padang on a speed boat, which was cool. Belakang Padang, literally, it means Behind the Field, weird eh? Haha. First thing my brother said when we arrived was "LEE!" while mine where "Daaaamn" hahaha. Heres a picture of the place called Belakang Padang, oh, and have I told you that it's beside the sea? So yea, its damn nice.

You can't really take in the atmosphere through pictures, but you get what I mean. Then we just relaxed at Bik Nur's house, which is HUGE, compared to houses here, for the whole afternoon? We decided to go shopping at night, and man, EVERYTHING is Cheap with a capital C. Okay we didn't really go shopping as in to buy shoes and clothes, the first trip was to get the food and stuff. That day was the day why I got darker, SERIOUSLY. Damn, it was so bloody hot, spotlights on full power. Sheesh, haha. Theres another reason, but thats for later. I had my first try at riding a bike that day. It was, exciting? Such a short moment and I almost crashed! Nevermind, I can always try some more, in the future. Later that night we went to the beach, just to see, and I realized that was like the meeting place for all the teens and kids there, practically all of them met there, to slack around and enjoy the sea breeze. It was kinda packed so we decided to go to the house of one of the locals there, which was at the top of a hill overlooking the whole of Belakang Padang. Such a specatacular view! You could see the sea, the village and even Singapore from there! Apparently Singapore's so bright it caused one side of the night sky to be like orange-purple while the other side was deep purple. We spent about an hour there before going home. The sky was glittered with countless of stars, beautiful. When you're there, you realize that only one side of the street is alight. This is because the generators can only provide enough electricity for one side at a time, and our side didn't have electricity for that night. It was okay, other than the fan not being able to function, hence keeping me up till 7, but it was understandable, haha.

The next morning, once again we go shopping, and this time we really shopped for clothes and slippers and stuff, yea. Rather tiring cause we spent the whole morning till around noon shopping! Once home, we rested abit while my brother went crazy riding the bike. He brought me adventuring the area and we stumbled upon this spot where you could see the sunset really clearly, with a backdrop of islands and houses on the water. The day before he took a picture, here it is.
Beautiful isn't it?

After resting and having lunch, we took off to a beach called Pasir Putih, meaning White Sand. Had a few coconuts before jumping off into the sea. Such a wonderful feeling, haha. Swam around for awhile before realizing that all the little children were staring at me. HAHA! So decided to mingle around with them which ended up with me carrying them up and throwing back in, which they crazed for haha! Innocent and pure fun.


FUN RIGHT?! Haha while it lasted. After which, we departed and said our goodbyes to the land where the thousands rule, in currency that is.

On the way home, I realized that I love the sea, though I may not be able to swim in it well. I love how the wave appears, the mist as it clashes, the white froth that trails behind. When the thunderous waves created by the ferry as it slices the sea clashes, it appears as if there were souls in the sea, grabbing out, trying to hold on to something. The Mystic Sea.

No comments: