Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Solace

2:155

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,

2:155


Sometimes the chill of the wind gets to me, a simple breeze becoming a cold touch to the bone. 

Sometimes the sound of silence pierces the air, empty space becoming suffocatingly thick.

Sometimes the murmuring of throngs of people distort, becoming an incessant and pervasive background noise.

Sensations swarm my being.

Then I remember the bright sun that is ever-present; shining in the sky, or above and behind the clouds.

Then I remember the peace that is inevitably a part of silence, peace laying calmly, for those who seek it.

Then I remember the liveliness and blessing of having people around, their presence a mild anaesthetic.

________________

All I had to do was look for it.
And it will unfailingly* be there, 
the better side of things.
All I have to do is be patient, Yes.

unfailingly

  

un·fail·ing

  [uhn-fey-ling]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
not failingnot giving way; not falling short of expectation; 

No comments: