Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Tick Tock

We hear phrases telling us of the palindromic nature of life, of its ups and downs and the many phases in between. It is a fact well-known.

Yet, sometimes, I catch myself thinking of moments passed, thinking of them as if any further thought can alter the predicament I am in. Sometimes.

We make decisions every single day in our life, and often, those decisions are never independent, they affect one another almost directly. Every now and then, a big decision comes and it will carve out a path for you to follow. Its these decisions that we wrestle with in the times to come, wrestling with their alternatives, and the bubbling doubt that arises from non-acceptance.

There is a disturbance in the normally tranquil pool of thoughts that reside in my mind. The ripples are small but they are there, and though slight, it has some repercussions. Thankfully, they remain as thoughts and are dormant, far from action. But isn't it always like that in the beginning. Thoughts lead to action, that is how we work.

I always tell myself to embrace the fact that all that is, is as it is, and all that it is, is good for me.
I always try to look for that silver lining upon the clouds that occasionally block out the Light.
I always think of how to positively look at my current situation, and look beyond my immediate self.

I always do.

Then, there are times when I get frustrated, or disappointed or simply just restless.
I dislike this attitude of mine that clouds my judgement, it mirrors my human desire for more.

Steady as she goes.


No comments: