Sunday, July 07, 2013

Fear

The cold seeps through the bones, extinguishing warmth that seem to only be an illusion.
The cold seeps through the bones, into the mind and leaves a physical and mental chill.

I look around and all seems normal, yet the odd sensation hangs heavy in the air and the hair at the nape of my neck stands, shivers running up and down my spine. I close my eyes, seeking a sanctuary from this perpetuating fear that is enveloping my being with such abruptness. Instead of the peace and tranquillity, an unsightly image appeared and I forced my eyes open, shocked, the fear multiplied manifold.

Something dropped and my heart skipped a beat, in my fear, I cried out in fear with hopes to banish whatever fragment of my imagination that had materialized. I was stricken with fear.



It was a... chilling experience, to be so overwhelmed with fear. Rarely does it ever happen to me.
And I know deep down, what is the root cause of that fear, and I am fully aware that it is entirely my own doing.

No comments: