Monday, August 31, 2009

Whenever everytime things seem distant, when every sound seems to be just loud echoes,
it reminds me of my very warped nightmare, one that has haunted me over and over again, though less frequently now.

Theres a big mess of machinery, of gears and what not, integrated as one unstable mechanism. I am merely a small observer of this frighteningly massive object. Then, without any warning, it suddenly breaks apart, into huge pieces of metal that rain down on me. Helpless as I am, I am suddenly saturated with guilt, somehow responsible for the chaos that had occured. Within my mind itself, there is chaos. The world seems to be flashing black and white, confusing and glaring. There is no proper definition of anything that resembles the physical world as the lines that border these objects are constantly changing, like scratches or when the television receives no transmission. I am getting smaller, as the chunks of metal get larger, and all these while, I am frozen, rooted to the ground, unmoving. I am not running for shelter or shielding myself, merely standing there, open to the onslaught. The onslaught that never arrives, merely happening, never impacting. As though I am a spectre, I observe myself from afar, unbounded yet affected.

Then I wake up.

No comments: