Monday, September 28, 2015

Light

Mirror, Mirror on the wall.
Show me the fairest of them all.

I stand in front of my mirror, and I look upon it, only to find it hard to see myself.
I stand in front of my mirror, suddenly aware of the lack of attention I have given.
I stand in front of my mirror, afraid and conscious that I cannot see myself again.
I stand in front of my mirror, saddened by my own neglect to clean this mirror.
I stand in front of my mirror, asking myself when and why it has come to this.

Unable to see.

This mirror of mine, my window to my own,
I have only myself to bear its condition,
I have only myself to blame for its condition.

Wanting to see.

This mirror of mine, slowly, let it be surely so.
If it must be iron that chisels you, I will do so.
Long past was the opportunity for soft cloth, 
Gentleness will avail nothing to clean this dirt.

I need strength. 
Give me strength.
I need hope.
Give me hope.

For I long to see my own.


No comments: