Thursday, May 23, 2013

Youth

I realized why I have such a low tolerance for bullshit/when someone says something wrong.

Sure, it may be because I am a man of facts, but I think on a more basic level, its simply because when I was younger and behaved like so, I was always either reprimanded, shot-down, humiliated or corrected. I must admit, it is a vicious cycle and I am a vengeful - or fair (depends how you see it) person.

And thus began a slow conditioning to behave as such when I come across such behaviour, and now, here we are, me - now.

No, it does not necessarily do with me being a scholar, or officer, or the younger brother, or being smart-alecky or whatever nonsense that one may think of when thinking superficially, its as simple as saying the truth. But surprisingly, disappointingly I might add, there seem to be a problem in accepting truth when it gets in the way of the Ego.

Sigh.

Ego, you are an ugly beast in the form of Man, infecting their hearts, hardening it and twisting their words. You are hard to swallow and even harder to spit out. Ego, I will tame you and make you be silent.
In time, you will have no power over Me.

... . .. .. ... .. ... .. . . .. .... . .. ... ... .. .. .. .. . ... .. .. .. .. ... .. ... ... .. ... . .. . .. ..

Despite that; I am aware I adopt a sharp tongue, aggressive tone and non-compliance to listen. I need to work on that.

No comments: